The styling for certain elements of the Favorites Bar can be controlled by editing the CSS (cascading style sheets) file which is located here on your site via FTP:
To make changes (for those who are comfortable with CSS and FTP):
1. Download a local copy of the file - wwwroot\my_bar\css\my_bar_style.css
2. Save a copy of it called my_bar_style_orig.css
3. Make the changes you desire on your local copy of my_bar_style.css. Save it, and also save a backup copy called something like my_bar_style_update.css
4. FTP the modified my_bar_style.css file back up to your site. When asked if you want to overwrite the existing styles.css file, click "Yes".
If the my_bar_style.css file on your site gets overwritten in the future, you can FTP your local copy of my_bar_style_update.css to your site and rename it to my_bar_style.css.
If you want to restore to the original styling, you can FTP your local copy of my_bar_style_orig.css to your site and rename it to my_bar_style.css
To Create Custom CSS for the Favorites Bar
1. There is a sample custom file found in wwwroot\my_bar\css\my_bar_custom_sample.css
2. Download a local copy of this file to use as a template.
3. Save this file (or one that you have created from scratch) as my_bar_custom.css
4. Upload the my_bar_custom.css file to wwwroot\my_bar\css\my_bar_custom.css