Creating a custom header is an advanced technique and requires familiarity with html.
It is possible to replace the normal top logo and navigational area of your site with something that is custom designed.
Please note that a custom header does fall outside of MemberGate's support offering, so we are unable to support custom headers. Also, when using a custom header the automated ability to add and remove items from the top nav bar through the control panel is not available. Any changes to the top nav bar would require editing the custom header HTML coding.
To add a custom header:
1. Under 'Master Settings' choose 'Custom Nav Panels'
2. Click the 'Import Site Header' button. This will pull the existing header into the box. The existing header can be used as a template as it contains the existing div and css code structure to use for the custom header.
3. Update the code with the custom html coding.
4. Click the 'Save Custom Navigation Panels' button to update the header.
5. The changes may need to be pushed through to the site. To manually update the header so it shows on the site, under 'Master Settings' choose 'Edit Site Descriptions' and click the 'Apply Style Changes' button at the bottom.
NOTE: This one custom header box is used to add the header to the site for all pages, including SSL pages. Therefore, when adding images, scripts or stylesheets, the relative addressing should be used rather than using the full URL.
For example, if an image's full address is:
It would have to be coded as:
The image will load using the protocol the page uses to load (a secure protocol or a non-secure protocol).