The following tutorial explains how to create Department and Shopping Cart Keyword Rich URLs
To use the Keyword Rich URL feature within your Department and Shopping Cart pages, see the following:
Department Page Keyword Rich URLs:
1. From the Control Panel, click the 'Department' option, and then choose 'Add Department' or 'Edit Department'. In this example, we are editing an existing department.
2. Within the 'Edit Department' menu, locate the field 'Use Keyword Rich URLs' and enter your Keyword Rich URL**:
3. The page's Keyword Rich URL can be automatically generated from the text in the field 'Headline for this department Page' and by clicking 'Generate URL' after you have entered/created a headline for the department:
4. Make sure that the check box within the 'Use Keyword Rich URLs' is checked to apply the Keyword Rich URL to you department URL:
5. Apply changes to the department and your department can now be referenced from the Keyword Rich URL. Here is an example URL: http://www.YourSiteName.com/public/About-this-Site.cfm
** Please note that when creating your Keyword Rich URLs to avoid using characters other than letters and numbers. Spaces should also not be used. To separate words, use either hyphens or underscores.
Shopping Cart Keyword Rich URLs:
Shopping Cart Keyword Rich URLs are added much like the Keyword Rich URLs with your site's departments and content pages.
For Shopping Cart products, the Keyword Rich URL is added within the 'Add/Edit Shopping Cart Item' menu:
For Shopping Cart Departments, the Keyword Rich URLs are added within the 'Add/Edit Shopping Cart Department' section: