To not show the articles in the clump underneath the clump, the numbers of headlines to be shown on the main pages has to be set to 0.
To change the public portal main page:
1. Under 'Master Settings' choose 'Edit Public Portal'
2. Edit the form field 'Number of Article Headlines to display on Public Portal Page' to 0
To change the members portal main page:
1. Under 'Master Settings' choose 'Edit Member Portal'
2. Edit the form field 'Number of Article Headlines to display on Member Portal Page' to 0
Set Content for A Particular Department
1. Under 'Departments' choose 'Edit Department'
2. In the 'Show Department Content on Portal page' field choose 'Don't Show on Either Public or Member Portal'
3. Any content that is assigned to this Department will not appear on the portal pages (including the area below the clumps)
Please follow this link for more information on clumps: