Reward members with badges that are displayed in their forum profiles. The badges can be automatically awarded to a member when they reach a set number of points.
The ranking allows you to classify your members based on how many points they have collected. This is useful to help differentiate new forum members from those that are more experienced.
Each rank is set with a name and/or an image and a minimum number of posts. Here is an example:
New Forum Member - minimum 1 post
Forum Ninja - minimum 100 posts
A member who has at least one point will see "New Forum Member" displayed next to their Forum Username whenever they post. Once that member has 100 points, they will see "Forum Ninja" displayed next to their Forum Username.
1. Under 'Discussion Forums' choose 'Edit Forums'
2. Select 'Points' from the left menu
3. Under the 'Points Rank' section, click 'Add Rank'
4. In the 'Name' field enter some text that describes the member's rank.
5. In the 'Minimum Number of Points' field enter the amount of points to be reached before the badge can be earned.
6. In the 'Points Image' field, click the 'Choose File' button and select an image to upload for the badge.
*NOTE: This is an optional field. If you do not want to associate an image with this ranking, do not upload an image.
7. Press the 'Save' button
8. The badge will show on the member's profile in the forum for everyone to see.
9. The badge will also show in the 'Member's Profile' as well
10. A member's profile when an image is not uploaded along with the name: