Using just authorize.net is no longer a secure option and you are not PCI Compliant.
Your account should be immediately updated so that you are using a token payment gateway option. Authorize.net does have a token gateway option that is integrated with MemberGate called authorize.net CIM.
There are only 3 steps to take to complete this update:
- At authorize.net - enable authorize.net CIM
- At authorize.net - create the public key
- At your MemberGate site - paste the public key in Payment Gateway
Please follow the steps found below to update your site so your member's sensitive data is secure.
Click on each section to expand for further detail.
Login to your Authorize.net and Switch to CIM
To sign up for the Customer Information Manager (CIM) service:
- Log into your Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net.
- Click Customer Information Manager in the main left side menu.
- Click Sign up for Customer Information Manager (CIM) Now.
- Click the checkbox labeled I have read and understand the Terms of Service.
- Click I Agree.
At Authorize.net: Create a 'Public Client Key'
- Click on 'Account' in the Top Nav
- Under 'Security Settings', click 'Manage Public Client Key'
- Under 'Create New Public Client Key' Answer the Question
- Click Submit
- Copy the 'Client Key'
1. Click on 'Account' in the Top Nav
2. Under 'Security Settings', click 'Manage Public Client Key'
3. Under 'Create New Public Client Key' Answer the Question
4. Click Submit
5. Copy the 'Client Key'
Login to your MemberGate Site: Update your Payment Gateway Settings
- Under 'Master Settings' choose 'Payment Gateway'
- Update the 'Payment Gateway' to 'AuthorizeNet CIM'
- Paste the newly created public key in the 'CC Public Key' field
- Click the 'Update Payment Gateway Settings' button
- Double Check 'Connection to AuthorizeNet Successful' Appears
1. Under 'Master Settings' choose 'Payment Gateway'
2. Update the 'Payment Gateway' to 'AuthorizeNet CIM'
3. Paste the newly created public key in the 'CC Public Key' field
4. Click the 'Update Payment Gateway Settings' button
5. Double Check 'Connection to AuthorizeNet Successful' Appears
Other Payment Gateways with Token Systems
If you are not using a token system and you switch to a token system, the member's profile will be created upon the next automactic renewal. The member would not have to manually update their credit card information (the member will only have to manuall update their credit card details when moving from one token system to another token system)
Before switching to a token gateway, we advise to thoroughly check between your choices as once the token system is in place, user data is stored at that gateway. Should you choose at a later date to switch to another token gateway, all of your subscribers would have to enter in their credit card details to manually renew their accounts to save the data in the new gateway's system.