Add any type of event or celebration to the calendar on your site.
Before adding the event, a calendar does need to be set up if one already hasn't been. Please see the How to Setup a Calendar tutorial if necessary.
Add an Event
Click on each section to expand for more information.
Under 'Utilities' choose 'Add/Edit Cal Event'
Choose 'New - Add New Calendar Event' from the drop down menu and click the 'Add/Edit Calendar Event' button
Fill in the details for the event:
- Select Calendar - Choose the calendar for which this event will appear
- Event Headline - Enter a Short Description of the event
- Event Description - Enter a longer description of the event
- Event Start Date - Select the date that the event begins from the drop down boxes
- Event End Date - Select the date that the event ends from the drop down boxes
- Hide Event After Its Date Has Passed - Users can see past months of the calendar. Check this box if you do not want the event still showing on the calendar after it has passed.
- Event Status - Choose 'active' from the drop down menu to make the event live on the calendar. Choose 'inactive' to remove the event from the calendar.
- Event Link Page - If the event has more information on another page, enter the full link in this box.
Click the 'Add this Calendar Event' button
When 'active' the event will automatically appear on the calendar along with it's details.
Example Calendar and Events Displayed on Site