A lockout is designed to prevent unauthorized access to accounts, so will lock the user out when a user who is logged into the site, attempts a second login from a different IP address.
A dual login lockout can occur for a few reasons:
- The member left home (or work etc) and didn't log out. They then logged in from a separate location prior to their account automatically logging out due to inactivity.
- They are sharing their username / password with someone else
When a dual login happens, both you and the customer are notified. You get an email with both IPs listed. Normally the customer would get unlocked when your daily reports run around midnight that night.
Unless it is a repeated event with a particular customer, it may be best to give them the benefit of the doubt and not assume they are sharing their login. It can be explained that the site does detect for this so they need to be careful about logging out etc. A member who is truly abusing this would likely have this happen quite often.
To manually allow them back into the site sooner than that, you can do the following:
1. Under 'Reports' choose 'Suspicious Activity' (right nav)
2. Choose 'Locked Members' as the 'Report Type'
3. Click on the UNLOCK link provided to unlock the member
4. Press apply changes.