Here's the quick and easy way to add a article index department to your web site - it automatically updates showing every active article on your site.
One way to attract more subscribers to make it easy for them to see a list of all the articles on the site.
As a added bonus, having an article index like this gives the search engine robots a clear path to all the articles in your site - and that can significantly increase your search engine rankings.
Creating a department showing all the currently active articles within your site is easy to do in MemberGate.
Adding a 'Article Index' Department
- Create a New Department - go to the control panel, select 'add new department', and enter a name for the department (IE Article Index), and set the department to have 'public access'.
- Enter a headline for the department - IE - Complete Article Index
- Enter something like the following in the body text of the department:
We cover a lot of different topics on this site - this article index gives you a pretty good idea of the subjects we cover.
The following is a complete index of all articles on this site - presented in the most current to oldest article sequence.
Article Index ListTag
- Create the department, and then view it to make sure it looks like you want it to.
- That's all you have to do!
- The command that calls the most popular list is:
Most Popular List Tag
Placing that command on any page will show the full article index for the site.
- For best results, place the department in the public area so non members can read the article headlines and teaser copy. This will give them a reason to join.
- Only articles that have 'show on public portal' page will be displayed in the article index. This will prevent showing articles that you don't want non members to see.