MemberGate and Stripe can be connected in three easy steps.
Please follow the instructions found in each of the tabs to complete the setup:
- Connect Stripe to MemberGate
- Enable SmartCards with Stripe
- Make sure you are using a subscription form with the Subscription Form Generator
Please click on each tab for more information.
Connect Stripe to MemberGate
In order to connect Stripe to MemberGate, it will be necessary to first obtain the Secret Key and Publishable Key from Stripe.
To connect Stripe to MemberGate:
1. From the control panel, choose 'Payment Gateway' (found under 'Master Settings')
2. Select 'Stripe' from the drop down list for payment gateway
3. Enter the 'Publishable Key' and 'Stripe Secret Key' in their appropriate fields
NOTE: Stripe will only work with a subscription form using the 'Subscription Form Generator'
Please see the Subscription Form Generator tab for instructions
Enable Smarter Cards
The Stripe Payment Gateway service is now directly connected to your member's credit card company. With Stripe's Smarter saved cards functionality, the Stripe system automatically receives updated card information without any action required by your customers.
What this means for you is that even if your member's credit card is due to expire, any recurring billing renewals will still be successfully processed since Stripe will have the updated card information.
There are some steps for you to take in your Stripe account so that the updated credit card information is also reflected in your member's account on your site.
Follow these steps to set up a webhook with Stripe so your member's credit card details will automatically be updated on your MemberGate site:
1. Login to your Stripe Account. From the left menu choose 'Developers'
2. Click on 'Webhooks' in the Expanded Menu under 'Developers'
3. Click the 'Add Endpoint' button from the Top Right to Create the New Webhook
4. Set the Endpoint URL, Version and Events to Send:
Version: Your Current Version
Events to Send: Choose 'customer_source_updated' from the drop down menu
Click the button to add the webhook. You may be prompted to add your password to authenticate.
Setup the Subscription Form
Setting up the member plan creates the plan and specs for the plan internally. The second step requires the member plan(s) to be added to a subscription form.
All member plans can be added to one subscription form, or one member plan can be added to it's own subscription form. This allows you the flexibility to present your member plans to your customers whichever way is best for your marketing plans.
Subscription forms can be created using the 'Subscription Form Generator'
Click on each to expand for further information about each field of the Subscription Form Generator.
Under 'Tools' choose 'Subscription Form Generator'
Enter a descriptive name for the form. The name is for internal purposes only and does not appear on the subscription form.
Helpful Hint: We do highly suggest adding the content page number of the subscription form to the name of the form. This will help to easily find the form when changes are necessary. An example form name might be 'Main Subscription Form: pg 678'
Click the radion button next to the type of subscription form. An explanation of the three options:
- Full Form - Used for All Member Plans that have a fee. This form will include an area for the credit card information as well as billing adddress.
- Medium Form - Used for free member plans, but will include fields that collect address information. Credit card information will not be collected with this form.
- Short Form - Used for free member plans, and collects minimal information from the subscriber. This form does not collect address information or credit card information.
- Staged Form - Used to create a form in smaller chunks, and collects a fee from the subscriber. This form does collect address information or credit card information, but in 4 stages. A user will enter in a small amount of details prior to moving to the next stage.
Allow Login Prefill
Click 'Yes' to include the option for a user to enter their login details. Once correct details are input into the box, the subscription form will be pre-filled with all their member data.
This allows the user to easily renew their membership.
Form Sections Order
The order that the sections appear on a subscription form can be arranged to meet your needs.
Click the section name and drag and drop it to the location where you would like it on the subscription form.
Click the boxes next to each card type that can be accepted on the subscription form.
The type of cards that can be accepted are determined through your payment gateway account.
*Don't forget to choose PayPal if you have integrated your account with that service as well.
There are three steps in setting the member plans that are available to subscribe to using this subscription form.
First, click the boxes next to each member plan that should be included.
Check each member plan that is going to be included on the subscription form. If using the Full form, only select paying member plans. If using the medium or short forms only select free member plans.
Next enter the description for the member plan that will be seen on the subscription form.
Type in the description of each member plan that will appear on the subscription form. This is the text that the user will see before selecting which member plan they would like to sign up for. This area might include information about recurring or non-recurring fees as well as price of the plan and cancellation policy.
Finally, click the Radio button for the member plan that should be pre-selected on the form.
Select the radio button that is to be pre-selected on the order form. If a user would like to select another member plan, they would have to physically change the placement of the selection. Choose 'No Plan Selected' if no radio button is to be pre-selected.
Member Plan Order
The member plans will appear in order of their member plan number (lowest to highest)
The member plan order can be rearranged by entering the numbers of the member plans in order that they should be arranged. Separate each member plan number with a comma.
Secured Site Seals Scripts
If you have code to add secure seals like authorize.net, verisign, geotrust etc, enter in the code in this box.
Enter in the text that will go next to fields where the information is required. For example, it might just be an asterisk or the word 'required'
The title of the form that will appear at the top of the subscription form on the page. Check 'Hide Form Title' if you do not want anything at the top of the form.
Information that will be on the subscription form about the privacy rules of your site. There is usually a link to the Privacy Statement on your site (generally content page 9). Check the box next to 'Hide Privacy Text' if you do not want the text to appear on the subscription form.
The text for the title section of the form for users to enter in their personal data.
This is an optional field.
Check the box if you would like to add a member referrer field to your subscription form.
A user will have to add the username of an existing member. This could be used to earn bonus time for the new subscriber and/or referring member.
Optional Fields and Custom Fields
Extra fieds can be selected to include on your form.
Check the boxes next to each optional or custom fields to include (and/or require) on this subscription form.
Click the button for more information about using Custom Fields
Staged List Server
When using a staged subscription form, the customer's email address can be sent to your email marketing list after completing one or multiple stages.
When set up to collect email addresses, when the customer clicks on the 'next' button, their name and email address will be sent to your email marketing list. This will happen even if the user abandons the form prior to filling out the whole form.
1) From the 'Staged List Server' field, select the stage that you would like a user to have their email address added to your email marketing list.
A) Click on your email marketing company
B) Select the List Name from the drop down box
2) Repeat step 1 for all of the stages that you would like an email address added to your email marketing list.
Show Shipping Options
Select 'yes' to show shipping address details for the user. Select 'no' to hide the shipping address information.
The text on the form for the title above the shipping address information.
The text next to the member plan section of the form where the user will select which subscription plan they would like to purchase.
The text next to the credit card detail information on the form.
The text on the submit button.
Submit Button Image
Alternatively, a custom Submit button image can be uploaded.
If you'd like to use your own button for the user to click to submit the subscription form, click the 'Choose File' button and select the image from your local drive.
This message will appear underneath the subscription form. Check 'Hide the Process Message' if you do not want anything to appear.
This is the message about the protection on the site to monitor suspicious activity. Check the 'Hide Protection Message' if you do not want this message to appear on the form page.
Default Renew Option
The 'Is this a Renewal' field
Choose the box for the option that you would like to use on your form:
- Auto-Detect - The software will determine if the user filling out the form is existing or new. The 'Is this a Renewal' field will not appear on the form.
- User Choice - the user can choose 'yes' for a renewal, or 'no' if they are a new subscriber. The 'Is this a Renewal' field will appear on the form.
- Yes - the default value will be 'yes'. Use this option on forms that are not for newly subscribing members. The 'Is this a Renewal' field will not appear on the form.
- No - the default value will be 'no'. Use this option on forms that are only for new subscribers and for subscription forms that are not for renewing members. The 'Is this a Renewal' field will not appear on the form.
Confirm User Email
To prevent misspellings of an email address, an extra email address field can be added to the subscription form. The user will have to input their email address again, and the software will check that the both email fields match.
To include a second email address field, select 'Yes'
Default Send Email Option
The 'Send Email' field
Choose the box for the option that you would like to use on your form:
- User Choice - the user can choose 'yes' or 'no' if they want to be on the send email list. The 'Send Email' field will appear on the form.
- Yes - the default value will be 'yes'. Use this option for members who have to be on the send email list The 'Send Email' field will not appear on the form.
- No - the default value will be 'no'. Use this option for members who cannot be on the send email list. The 'Send Email' field will not appear on the form.
Look and Feel
The look and feel options for the form. The hexidecimal colors can be chosen from your 'Edit Master Template' or 'Edit Font Settings' to match the rest of your site.
Enter the hexadecimal color for your desired colors.
- Form Width -Choose how wide the form will be on your page. Generally, if your header is showing it will be the same width as the header.
- Header Font Color - The font color for things like Customer Information or Payment Information.
- Header Background Color - The color of the box around things like Customer Information or Payment Information.
- Header Border Color - The color of the border around things like Customer Information or Payment Information.
- Body Font Color - The color of the font inside the form like First Name, Credit Card type etc.
- Body Background Color -The color of the boxes around things like First Name, Credit Card type etc.
- Body Border Color -The color of the border around things like First Name, Credit Card type etc.
Save the Form
To save the settings of this form, click on the 'Save Form' button.
Add the Form to a Content Page
When the form has been saved, the software will provide a blue box with the code to embed the form. Copy this CF code.
Paste the code in the 'text or html to appear on this page box' of a content page where you would like the form.