The social bookmark feature allows visitors to your site help to spread the word about what great content your site has to offer.
These tags can easily be added to a page on your site. One click and visitors are posting your content to one of the popular social bookmark services so others can find out about it. Below are some various looks for your bookmarks.
While MemberGate comes preloaded with the most popular social networking bookmarks, you can easily add your favorites as well through the social bookmark control panel.
Adding the Social Bookmarks to a Page
The Social Media Sharing Icons can be managed under Social Networking Social Bookmarks
Familiarizing Yourself with the Social Media Bookmarks Edit Page
There are four sections of the Social Bookmarks Page:
- The top section shows the social bookmarks that are set up for your site
- The 'Add New Social Bookmark' section allows you to update the bookmarks to include others
- The 'Social Bookmarks' attributes allows you to customize the look and feel of how the social bookmarks will appear on your page.
- The bottom section provides a preview of what your social bookmarks will look like with the current settings. It also provides the CF tag to place on your pages to add the Social Bookmark to your pages.
The Current Social Bookmarks on Your Page
The top section of the Edit Social Bookmarks page displays the current social bookmarks along with their settings for how you would like their icon displayed.
The Social Bookmark button can be set to show the Font Awesome icon for the bookmark, or you can upload your own custom icon image.
Sample Bookmarks using Font Awesome
The color of the icon as well as the background color can be changed when using Font Awesome.
Sample Bookmarks using Uploaded Icons
Custom icon images can be uploaded to use.
Edit the Current Social Media Options
Decide which social media options that you'd like to include
In the Active column, check the box for the social icons that you would like to use. Uncheck the boxes for those that should be disabled.
Choose to Use the Font Awesome Icon or your Custom Uploaded Image
In the Icon column, check the box to use Font Awesome. To use the uploaded custom image, uncheck the box in the Icon column.
If Using the Font Awesome Icon, set the hexadecimal color for the icon and the Background Color
Manage the Order that the Icons are Arranged
Click on a social bookmark section and drag it to the position where you would like it to appear.
Under 'Add New Social Bookmark' Select a new social bookmark from the drop down menu
Follow the same steps as the above instructions to make it active, update the colors or using the correct icons.
Edit the Social Bookmarks Attributes
The social bookmark attributes can be adjusted for each of your pages. This allows you the flexibility to have a different look for your bookmarks in different areas of your site.
As the changes are made to the attribute fields, the CF tag will automatically reflect the choices.
Click the 'Add/Edit Social Bookmarking Links' button
A preview will be shown reflecting your choices. If you are happy with the look of the social media icons, copy the resulting CF Tag.
If more changes are needed, adjust the attributes above and click the again.
Copy the Resulting CF Tag
8. Paste the cf tag anywhere you would like the social bookmarks to appear on your pages (choose 'add or edit content', 'add or edit department', 'add/edit products', 'edit public or member portals')